Friday, April 8, 2011

ALIEN HAMSA PIN PRE-ORDER



04/08/11

Introducing the first ever Crazyredbeard live painting pin: Alien Hamsa

1.25” Custom Soft Enamel Lapel Pins with (2) 8mm Post and Military Clutch
Back stamped with the CRB LOGO, website url (www.crazyredbeard.com) and year (2011)


Pins are moving into production now and pre-orders can be made below (your pre-order helps us offset the cost of the investment to make the pins and is greatly appreciated). Pins are $10/each + $5 shipping. Any additional pin after the first purchase (up to ten) stays at the same $5 shipping price.






# of pins






A little info on the hamsa:
The khamsa (Arabic: خمسة ‎, Hebrew: חמסה‎, khamsa lit. five, also romanized hamsa and chamsa) is a palm-shaped amulet popular throughout the Middle East and North Africa.[1] The khamsa is often incorporated in jewelry and wall hangings, as a superstitious defense against the evil eye.[2] It is believed to originate in ancient practices associated with the Sabaeans and Nabataeans. (taken from Wikipedia)

I first came across this symbol thanks to my friend Motti Schleider, so thanks and praises to him for that. He's a foodie and has a neat Blog himself that you should check out if you have the Om Noms. I had created a gift for him to give to a friend and, in doing so, was inspired to recreate my own hamsa in a live painting setting.

For those of you who know little about me, I create improvisational art in live music settings. The majority of the time, I have no idea what I want to create prior to showing up. On THIS occasion, however, traveling into PA for the 20th Annual Stonehenge Music Festival, I knew I wanted to do the hamsa because Motti would be there and he is a Dear Friend.

So on the first day, I took some green liquid consistency paint and spread it over a 24 x 36 canvas and wet it down considerably. After applying some plastic wrap, I let it sit for quite awhile, then took it off and began the painting. We left it out overnight and the dampness of the air let some of the ink bleed. JAMS (my artner in Good Times) later mentioned how the colors I used reminded her of BP which was heavy on a lot of our minds at the time. The moisture made the ink (oil?) sort of bleed down the canvas. I left it like that. It made a synchronous kind of sense to me. The painting is below.

Alien Hamsa: Painted live for the 20th Annual Stonehenge Music Festival, June 17-19, 2010. Friendship Park, New Columbia, PA

So there you have it, ladies and gents (act like ya got some Sense!)...much love for everyone involved in this project, including Noahphence from Zenster. Check him out...he's a cosmic love agent that spread amazing art work all over, including pins of his own. He helped me design a charity Hug Japan pin that I will also be putting up on this site.

Cheers everyone and may the Love move through you wherever It needs to go.


Jonathon Blake/04.09.11/CRB Productions
L.A.M.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment