Friday, April 22, 2011

HUG JAPAN charity pin purchase info and EBAY auction



04/22/11

Hey guys...a bit back I think I shared with you that I designed a pin with Japan in mind as I feel a lot of compassion for the folks going through everything over there.

It's a very simple design...just a fella hugging the red dot of the Japanese flag. Inadvertently (serendipity?), the image I created kind of brings to mind the old WWII graffiti "Kilroy Was Here." Though accidental (I learned of this once a PTer asked me if I had meant to do it that way), it seems to fit as this particular tag was kind of one of the first widely used graffiti tags in general and my work is strongly influenced by street art and viral symbology.

The auction is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330556462538

If you'd rather just purchase one outright, it's $20 total including shipping and can be paid for via Paypal to crazyredbeard@crazyredbeard.com. ALL proceeds go to help relief efforts in Japan through GlobalGiving.
I will be glad to donate to the charity of your choice if you would prefer.
  
From www.crazyredbeard.com: "We here at CRB Productions have been profoundly impacted by the recent events in Japan.
We like to believe that we think globally and act locally, giving where we can and working in fields where we believe we can be of use. But in this case, we wanted to create something that could offer some small token of our humanity and love to those that have been affected by the heart wrenching happenings in the east.
With this in mind, I teamed up with Noah of Zenster.net to  give you the CRB Hug Japan relief effort pin.
The red circle represents the emblematic dot of color in the Japanese flag…we’re only making 100 for now and all proceeds after recouping costs will go to aid relief efforts in Japan. If there is a certain organization you’d like your donation to go to, please let me know. I was thinking of splitting it between Doctors Without Borders, the Red Cross and Global Giving.
Pins are going to production now: I am asking $15 per pin and $5 for shipping. If you get more than one pin, you only pay the $5 shipping once."

Thanks for any attention to this. 

 
Jon Blake/04.22.11/CRB Productions

Love + Art + Music + Peace = LIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment