Thursday, April 7, 2011

Alien Hamsa pins are coming!!

04/08/11


Last summer (2010), I got the pleasure of painting at the 20th Annual Stonehenge Music Festival in PA. Kim and Mug are some of the nicest folks around and Stonehenge is a festival that I always enjoy stretching my legs at. Always a family affair, Stonehenge never disappoints with days full of excellent homegrown music and one of my favorite bands of all time: The Juggling Suns.


I decided to paint a hamsa because my friend Motti had asked me to make one for a friend of his a few weeks earlier. I really liked how it turned out and I liked the symbol itself, as well as the meaning attached to it.


A middle eastern symbol, the hamsa (or khamsa...it can be spelled many ways), is purported to ward off the evil eye. As I often pray or meditate while painting, I figured bestowing such a blessing on the grounds of Stonehenge would be a fairly decent and rather harmless idea. To reproduce the work, I thought, would be even more interesting. The painting itself has generated a lot of interest so the pins seemed like a natural progression. So I give you my first ever live painting pin, the Alien Hamsa:



The pins will be about 1.25" tall and 0.85" wide. I should have pre-order information soon, so please check back.


And remember, we come in Peace...


No comments:

Post a Comment